Formerly hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl
This week’s topic is . . . Changes In My Reading Life
- I used to read mainly classics, fantasy, and sci-fi books. I still love these genres, but in the last several years, I have found a comfortable and happy escape in swoony contemporaries.
- I don’t write, highlight, and tag in my books as much as I used to.
- This year I have read more e-books than physical books.
- I started DNFing books. I give a book about 80-100 pages, and if I find no connection with it, I drop it.
- Lately, I have been preferring standalones over series.
- I “try” to read throughout the week, but I get most of my reading in during the weekend.
- I have started reading 2-3 books at a time. I used to be a “one book at a time” type of person.
- I have cut down on monthly book subscription boxes.
- I used to carry a physical book with at all times, but since I read a lot of e-books, I don’t do this a lot anymore.
- This year, I started using my library app/Overdrive more often.
What changes have you seen in your reading life?