Treat Yo Shelf:
May Monthly Recap
Welcome to my monthly recap post, in which I fangirl over the books I read and bookish items I acquired, book events I attended, bookish news, and/or subscription boxes I received this month.
What did I read?
May was not my best reading month. I am going through a reading slump, again.
What books did I buy? (this does not include Kindle purchases)
What books did I receive from Publishers/Authors to review?
- We Own the Night by Ashley Poston from Bloomsbury USA Children’s Books (e-ARC: Netgalley review)
- The Graces by Laure Eve from ABRAMS Kids (e-ARC: Netgalley review)
What books did I receive from friends?
- Kids of Appetite by David Arnold (ARC w/ swag) (#booksfortrade exchange with Karina at 24hryabookblog)
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater (ARC) (#booksfortrade exchange with Sky)
May’s Uppercase Box
GiftLit Box: Fierce Reads Edition
YUREKA SUBSCRIPTION BOX
Books/Bookish Swag from Authors/Publishers/Bookstores/Bloggers
Favorite May Moment
- Participating in my very first Blog Tour. Thank you to XPRESSO Book Tours and Swoon Reads for giving me the opportunity to review Love Charms and Other Catastrophes by Kimberly Karalius.
Have you heard? Bookish News
- Rick Yancey is signing at Joseph Beth Booksellers in Cincinnati on June 1, 2016. My VIP ticket with a pre-order of The Last Star has already been purchased.
- I am going on a “book buying ban” in June. WISH ME LUCK!!!
- Target Hauls
- The Books for Trade hashtag #booksfortrade
- Receiving an ARC from one of my favorite authors. Thank you, Becky Wallace!
- The 6th season of Game of Thrones (so far).