This week’s topic is…
TOP TEN FAVORITE BOOK AND TV VILLAINS
- The Darkling from Leigh Bardugo’s Grisha series. I think he’s an excellent villain, but I never understood the shipping of him and the heroine, Alina. JUST NO!
2. I’ve read up to Volume 18 of The Walking Dead graphic novels, and the Governor is by far the most viscous and well-crafted villain in the series (so far!).
3. If you know me, you know that my all-time favorite series is Buffy the Vampire Slayer. And Angelus is hands down my favorite Villain in the TV series.
4. One of my other favorite Villains in Buffy the Vampire is Caleb from Season 7…Nathan Fillion really knows how to play a monster of a person.
5. And speaking of favorite TV Villains, I cannot get enough of the ruthless Moriarty in BBC’s Sherlock. His evilness always makes me smile.
6. Then there is Satan in Milton’s Paradise Lost. I could research and analyze this character over and over, and still want more.
7. Cersei Lannister from the A Song of Ice and Fire series (and the Game of Thrones TV Series). She is smart, cunning, and horrifying. I would never want to cross her path.
8. Voldemort from the Harry Potter series. Harry has to endure a lot sh!t from this power-crazed lunatic. Voldemort literally gives up parts of his soul in hopes of evil triumphing: now that’s a dedicated Villain.
9. The Weeping Angels in Doctor Who. They did something to my favorite couple, the Ponds, and I still weep thinking about that scene. GAHHHH!!!
10. And I can’t have a completed Villain list without Bram Stoker’s Dracula. One of the most fascinating characters that shaped my love for Victorian Literature.
Who are some of your favorite book and TV villains? Comment below. I really feel like I’m forgetting a lot of really good ones.
August Monthly Recap
Welcome to my monthly recap post, in which I fangirl over the books I read this month, bookish items I acquired, book events I attended, bookish news, and/or subscription boxes I received in the month of August.
What did I read?
What books did I buy?
(This does not include Kindle purchases)
I finally found a hardcover of Uprooted!!!
Nevernight (Signed 1st Edition) and The Winner’s Curse (new paperback)
The Night Circus (Japanese Edition)
What books did I receive from Publishers/Authors to review?
- Kiss Cam by Kiara London (Upcoming XPressoBookTours Review)
- Spells and Sorcery by S. Usher Evans (Upcoming XPressoBookTours Review)
- Amber Sky by Amy Braun (Upcoming Blog Tour Review for the author)
What books did I receive from friends/fellow bloggers as gifts or to borrow?
August’s Uppercase Box
- Halloween/Fall items are starting to show up in stores.
Have you heard? Bookish News!
- A lot of authors/book tours are coming up this Fall. Here is a sneak peak at some postings:
How did you treat your shelves in August? What books did you buy? What books did you read and would highly recommend?
TOP 5 WEDNESDAY is a weekly meme created by Lainey @ GingerReadsLainey and is currently hosted by Samantha @ Thoughts on Tomes. Every Wednesday a new topic is listed on the Goodreads group, and you list your top 5 books related to the particular topic.
This week’s topic is…
Favorite Books Outside Your Comfort Zone
My go-to book genres are fantasy, magic realism, and lately contemporary (side note: in the summer I become obsessed with contemporary novels). But one of the genres that I rarely read but usually end up loving are graphic novels. Here are a few of my favorite graphic novel series/books.
What are some of your favorite books that you have read outside your comfort zone?