“If It’s Not A Rant, It’s A Rave” is a new feature on my blog, in which I “RAVE” about awesome conventions, book events, and/or author signings that I have attend.
MEETING RICK YANCEY
On June 1, 2016 I met Rick Yancey, the author of the The 5th Wave series, at Joseph Beth Booksellers in Cincinnati, Ohio. I love this series, and I HAD to meet Rick again. I’m not a big picture taker, but I tried to take as many pictures as I could without looking like a creeper. And by the way, Rick Yancey is hilarious in person. He has the greatest stories and answers to audience questions.
I have met Rick Yancey in the past, so I already had the first two books of the series signed, but nothing and no one was going to stop me from getting my pre-ordered copy of The Last Star from being signed (HAHAHA!).
It’s not everyday you meet an author who has a character with your name.
A few highlights from Rick Yancey at the event…
- If he could be any character is The 5th Wave series he would be Bear or Cassie.
- Ben was supposed to die in the first book, but he was told that Ben is “too cute” to be killed off. So Rick tried to kill off Ben in the second book, but once again, Ben was “too cute” to be killed off. HAHAHAHA!!!
- If Cassie was sorted into a Hogwarts House, she would be Gryffindor.
- Rick Yancey is Slytherin.
- In regards to the movie adaption, Rick was not a big fan of the party scene. “Cassie would not be at a party. She would be at home and reading a book.”
If you haven’t read The 5th Wave series yet, I highly recommend that you do. You won’t be disappointed. I have not read The Last Star yet, but I’m prepared to be wowed, awed, and heartbroken (I was warned).