“If It’s Not A Rant, It’s A Rave” is a new feature on my blog, in which I “RAVE” about awesome conventions, book events, and/or author signings that I have attend.
MEETING RICK YANCEY
On June 1, 2016 I met Rick Yancey, the author of the The 5th Wave series, at Joseph Beth Booksellers in Cincinnati, Ohio. I love this series, and I HAD to meet Rick again. I’m not a big picture taker, but I tried to take as many pictures as I could without looking like a creeper. And by the way, Rick Yancey is hilarious in person. He has the greatest stories and answers to audience questions.
I have met Rick Yancey in the past, so I already had the first two books of the series signed, but nothing and no one was going to stop me from getting my pre-ordered copy of The Last Star from being signed (HAHAHA!).
It’s not everyday you meet an author who has a character with your name.
A few highlights from Rick Yancey at the event…
- If he could be any character is The 5th Wave series he would be Bear or Cassie.
- Ben was supposed to die in the first book, but he was told that Ben is “too cute” to be killed off. So Rick tried to kill off Ben in the second book, but once again, Ben was “too cute” to be killed off. HAHAHAHA!!!
- If Cassie was sorted into a Hogwarts House, she would be Gryffindor.
- Rick Yancey is Slytherin.
- In regards to the movie adaption, Rick was not a big fan of the party scene. “Cassie would not be at a party. She would be at home and reading a book.”
If you haven’t read The 5th Wave series yet, I highly recommend that you do. You won’t be disappointed. I have not read The Last Star yet, but I’m prepared to be wowed, awed, and heartbroken (I was warned).
It’s Top 5 Thursday, where as the week is winding down, I tell you the Top 5 Things I’m looking forward to in regards to the bookish world.
In the next few weeks, I am attending ALL the YA book events my local bookstore has scheduled. I love Joseph Beth Booksellers in Cincinnati, and HOLY MOLY they are kicking up their game this year. HERE JOBE, TAKE ALL MY MONEY!!!
I can’t keep up with all of this awesomeness. So this is why everyone in the bookish community has a planner, right? MY BOOKSTORE IS THE GREATEST!!
Top 5 Upcoming Book Events at Joseph Beth Booksellers in Cincinnati
- Emily Henry’s The Love that Split the World on January 28, 2016 at 7:00 p.m.
- Ally Carter’s See How They Run on January 29, 2015 at 7:00 p.m.
- Kiera Cass’s The Siren on February 1, 2016 at 7:00 p.m.
- Melissa Lander’s Starflight on February 6, 2016 at 2:00 p.m.
- Marissa Meyer’s Stars Above on February 7, 2016 at 3:00 p.m. (this is a ticketed event)
And as a rewards member of Joseph Beth, I have already bought my VIP tickets to Marissa Meyers’ event, and I’m ready to join all the Lunartics!!!
For more information on the Joseph Beth Booksellers in Cincinnati and their events, please click HERE.
Will you be attending any of these events? What local book event are you looking forward to?