HOSTED by The Broke and the Bookish
This week’s topic is…
Top Ten Things On Our Reading Wishlist
- Jane Eyre retellings. Because it’s my all-time favorite book and I think there should be more retellings of it.
- Young Adult books set in the 1980s. I’ve been rewatching The Carrie Diaries on Netflix, and I just love this series from the characters to the clothing to the music (and everything that screams 1980s!)
- Books about bookish people. I love reading about characters that are in love with books as much as I am. BOOK LOVE should definitely be promoted more.
- Books set in Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky. The Cincinnati tri-state is my home, and I would love to see more books take place in this setting.
- Young Adult characters starting college. College is a huge life transition for young adults and I hate that it’s rarely written about in the young adult genre.
- More books written by Erin Morgenstern. I adored The Night Circus and I’ve been patiently waiting for more words and worlds to be written by Morgenstern for a very long time!
- More enemies to lovers/friends. I don’t know what it is about this trope, but I always want to read more of it.
- More Young Adult magical realism books. In the last few years, magical realism has been my favorite genre to read, and I wouldn’t mind seeing more of this genre pop up throughout the next few years.
- Victorian Period romances. The Victorian period is my favorite era to study and read, so of course I want more swoony books to take place in this setting.
- More standalones or duologies. I like trilogies, but sometimes when a series is 4, 5, or even 8 books long…it’s just ridiculous.