WAITING ON WEDNESDAY:
The King Slayer
In all its glory, here is the book cover and a brief summary provided by Goodreads:
An action-packed and suspenseful sequel to The Witch Hunter, perfect for fans of Graceling and the Grisha Trilogy.
“I think, in time, you’ll either be my greatest mistake or my greatest victory.”
Former witch hunter Elizabeth Grey is hiding within the magically protected village of Harrow, evading the price put on her head by Lord Blackwell, the usurper king of Anglia. Their last encounter left Blackwell ruined, but his thirst for power grows stronger every day. He’s readying for a war against those who would resist his rule–namely Elizabeth and the witches and wizards she now calls her allies.
Having lost her stigma, a magical source of protection and healing, Elizabeth’s strength is tested both physically and emotionally. War always means sacrifice, and as the lines between good and evil blur once more, Elizabeth must decide just how far she’ll go to save those she loves.
“[Filled] with everything a good fantasy book needs: swords, poison, black magic, and betrayal.”–April Tucholke, author of Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea, on The Witch Hunter
Waiting on Wednesday: Reasons why I need this book in my life…
- ♥ I read the first book of the series, The Witch Hunter, and LOVED it!!! REVIEW HERE! ♥
- ♥ FANTASY, WITCHES, and MAGIC…need I say more?! ♥
- ♥ Elizabeth is a strong and feisty main character. I cannot wait to see how she deals with her enemies and the much anticipated twists that I know will be in this book. ♥
- ♥ The last book had pirates in it…I NEED MORE PIRATES! ♥
- ♥ I am looking forward to reading more scenes with the swoon-worthy healer, John Raleigh. ♥