Treat Yo Shelf:
MARCH Monthly Recap
Welcome to my first monthly recap post, in which I fangirl over the books and bookish items I acquired, book events I attended, bookish news, and subscription boxes I received this month.
What did I read?
- The Skylighter by Becky Wallace (REVIEW HERE!)
- The Forbidden Orchid by Sharon Biggs Waller (REVIEW HERE!)
- Fire Touched by Patricia Briggs
- The Winner’s Kiss by Marie Rutkoski (Review to come!)
- Dreaming of Antigone by Robin Bridges (REVIEW HERE!)
- Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill
- A Shot of Reckless by Maddie Paige
- Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson (re-read)
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins (re-read)
- The Year We Fell Down by Sarina Bowen
- The Score by Elle Kennedy
- My True Love Gave to Me by Stephanie Perkins (Ed.)
What books did I buy?
- The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord (paperback)
- Mosquitoland by David Arnold (paperback)
- The Wanderers by Kate Ormand (hardback)
- The Skylighter by Becky Wallace (hardback-signed/personalized)
- Fire Touched by Patricia Briggs (hardcover)
- Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel (UK paperback)
- Kindred Spirits by Rainbow Rowell (paperback)
- Uprooted by Naomi Novik (UK paperback)
- Wink Poppy Midnight by April Genevieve Tucholke (hardback-signed)
- The Dark Days Club by Alison Goodman (hardback-signed)
- The Winner’s Kiss by Marie Rutkoski (hardback)
- The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski (new paperback edition)
- The Winner’s Crime by Marie Rutkoski (paperback)
- Walk the Edge by Katie McGarry (hardback)
- Yellow Brick War by Danielle Paige (hardback-signed)
- Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare (hardback)
What books did I receive from Publishers/Authors to review?
- The Skylighter by Becky Wallace (e-ARC: Netgalley review)
- Dreaming of Antigone by Robin Bridges (e-ARC: Netgalley review)
What books did I receive from friends?
- Jane Steele by Lyndsay Faye (ARC-gift from @ibrarian friend)
- Dark Days by Kate Ormand (hardcover-gift from @)
- Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll (hardcover-gift from @)
- Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen (hardcover-gift from @)
- Der Nachtzirkus by Erin Morgenstern (hardcover-gift from @)
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling
- City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare (paperback-gift from my awesome Secret Sister)
What I Won–Bookish Giveaways
Bookish Swag from Authors/Publishers/Bookstores
Favorite March Moments
- Surprise birthday party at Dewey’s Pizza. Mmm…Edgar Allan Poe pizza…yummo!
- Winning the February #NOVLbox
- Going to a local comic bookstore and buying ALL the Funko Pops! Well not all of them, but I bought A LOT!
Have you heard? Bookish News
- Katie McGarry is going to be signing at Joseph Beth Booksellers in Cincinnati on April 27, 2016. Details TBA!
- News galore from Renee Ahdieh: Earlier release of The Rose and the Dagger (April 26) • Pre-Order Swag • The 3rd Novella “The Mirror and the Maze”
- Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff are going to be signing their book, Illuminae, at Joseph Beth Booksellers in Crestview Hills, Kentucky on May 10, 2016. Details HERE!
- Peeps and all the Easter candy!
- MAYBELLINE Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation and MAYBELLINE Fit Me Dewy + Smooth Foundation
- Iced Chai Tea Lattes from Starbucks
- Catching up on The Walking Dead
- Trader Joe’s Popcorn in a Pickle (SO GOOD!!!)
- Donut mug from my Secret Sister
Top 3 Books I Am Excited to Read in April
- Wink Poppy Midnight by April Genevieve Tucholke
- Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton
- The Rose & the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh
How did you treat your shelves in March? What were your favorite reads of the month?