TOP TEN TUESDAY
HOSTED by The Broke and the Bookish
This week’s topic is…Top Ten Books We Enjoyed Recently that Weren’t Our Typical Genre or that Were Out of Our Comfort Zone:
I’ve stated many times in the past that my go-to genres are fantasy, magical realism, and science fiction. I usually have a hard time getting into contemporary books, but 2015 will forever be known as the year of breaking out of my typical genres and reading all the Contemporary books I could get my hands on!
- My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga
- Mosquitoland by David Arnold
- The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord
- Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson
- The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West
- Dumplin’ by Julie Murphy
- I’ll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios
- The Night We Said Yes by Lauren Gibaldi
- Breakfast Served Anytime by Sarah Combs
- Nowhere But Here by Katie McGarry
A lot of these books listed above will definitely be “feel-good” rereads for me in the future.
Have you ever got caught up in a genre and couldn’t stop reading it? What books have you read that took you out of your comfort zone/typical genre?