WAITING ON WEDNESDAY:
Love Charms and Other Catastrophes
A picture of the AMAZING cover and a brief summary provided by Goodreads are below:
Aspiring love charm maker Hijiri Kitamura was excited to come back to Grimbaud for her sophomore year-until she learns about the upcoming charm making competition. Grimbaud has just started to recover from the tyranny of Zita’s love fortunes and it would be too easy for the winning charm maker to take Zita’s place. The only solution is for Hijiri, with the support of her friends and fellow rebels, to win the contest herself.
Unfortunately, that’s easier said than done, especially when Love itself has decided to meddle in Hijiri’s life. Concerned that it’s favorite charm maker has given up on finding a boyfriend of her own, Love takes matters into its own hands and delivers the perfect boyfriend to her in a giftwrapped box…literally.
Get ready to be charmed by this magical, quirky sequel to Love Fortunes and Other Disasters.
Waiting on Wednesday’s Top 5 Rants and Raves of why I need this book in my life…
- ♥ Kimberly Karalius‘s first novel, Love Fortunes and Other Disasters, was a well-crafted mixture of Young Adult contemporary, romance, and magic realism. After reading the synopsis, I have a strong feeling that Love Charms and Other Catastrophes is going to reflect this same powerful concoction. ♥
- ♥ The romance, the characters, their motivations, and the friendships established in LFaOD were so well contructed and executed, so I can’t wait to see what the author has in store for Hijiri Kitamura’s story and the little town of Grimbaud. ♥
- ♥ Speaking of Grimbaud…THE GRIMBAUD LIFE CONTINUES! After reading the first novel of this series, I fell deeply and madly in love with this cute, charming, and obsessed-with-love town. Even though Grimbaud is the setting of Karalius’s novels, it is definitely a character itself. Please, can I live there?! ♥
- ♥ Kimberly Karalius has created a fantastical world with smart and witty characters, and I look forward to once again experiencing character dialogue and banter that is quick, clever, and, most importantly, swoonworthy. ♥
- ♥ I have to comment on the cover. The color scheme is bright and phenomenal. But OH MY GRIMBAUD, I can not get over how cute and intricate the details are, and more importantly how accurately the people, potion bottles, etc. reflect the synopsis and setting. Well done, cover gods! ♥
Check out my review on Goodreads of the first book, Love Fortunes and Other Disasters, by clicking here.