Today’s official topic was Interviews. I did not do an interview and/or have not been interviewed, so instead I have decided to do “25 Facts about Me.”
25 Facts About Me
- I prefer to read on weekends. I usually read 2 to 3 books a weekend (if I’m not in a reading slump a.k.a. my current situation).
- I own 8 bookshelves, and still do not have enough shelf space for books that I have in boxes.
- I have a slight addiction to owning signed books. I currently have over 300 signed books.
- Last year, I bought several Out of Print Clothing tote bags that look like library cards, and had each author I met throughout the year sign it. At the end of 2015, I ended up with three tote bags signed front and back.
- I have a Master’s in English Literature with a focus on Victorian Literature.
- I have been told numerous times by strangers that I look like Alyson Hannigan. (Supposedly having red hair equals being confused with other redheads).
- Also, my hair is not naturally red; it’s blond.
- I am not a fan of Jane Austen. The only book I enjoyed by Austen is Pride & Prejudice. I have read and studied three other Austen books and I have despised each and every one of them.
- My first iconic hero was Amelia Earhart.
- I am a strong believer in intuition, fate, and karma.
- I like to make lists, and I’m in the process of creating a Bullet Journal (I just learned about Bullet Journaling last night through YouTube).
- I love animals, and usually name my pets after literary/fictional characters. I currently help raise a toy poodle named Josephine. She is named after one of my favorite literary characters, Josephine March from Louisa May Alcott’s Little Women.
- I am an impulsive buyer. I tend to buy tote bags, mugs, and fandom-themed candles on a whim.
- My favorite food is Indian food. I swear I could eat garlic naan, vegetable samosas, and Chicken Jalfrezi every day.
- I could also eat Salt and Vinegar chips every day of my life.
- I am an introvert. I also have a hard time trusting people. I’m working on it.
- My favorite TV show is Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Say a quote, and I can most likely tell you which character said it and name the episode they said it in.
- I have never been on an airplane.
- I have not eaten pork and beef in over 10 years. This is a personal choice.
- I own over 100 Funko Pops! I am an in-box collector, and only collect Funkos from fandoms/characters I love. My younger brother has over 200 Funko Pops, so I don’t feel too bad about my collection.
- Fantasy, magic realism, and sci-fi are my favorite genres to read.
- I have four siblings. We all have five different shades of eye color. Mine are blue, but vary in hue by my mood.
- My whole family is really close. My younger brother is my best friend and a booknerd like me.
- I tend to buy a book based on its cover; thus my lack of shelf space for all my books.
- I drink coffee every day, and I love having a variety of flavors to choose from. This week I’m trying out Starbuck’s Cinnamon Dolce…YUM!